Does drinking Dalgona coffee provide any health benefits? Here’s all you need to know about the quarantine drink, also known as beaten coffee, phitti hui coffee, or phenti hui coffee.
Health benefits of Dalgona coffee:
- It may aid weight loss: Using coconut sugar instead of regular table sugar might be a healthier option if you use it moderately. It includes small amounts of antioxidants, minerals, fibre, which can help you shed the pounds. Just make sure that you use it sparingly just as you use white sugar since it is high in fructose, which has been confirmed to promote metabolic syndrome in obese individuals.
- It may help with acidity: Drinking Dalgona coffee might also help relieve acidity because the beverage uses milk, which can help ease digestion issues. There is some evidence suggesting that protein and calcium content in milk might help relieve heartburn.
- A lower glycemic index: Coconut sugar has a lower glycemic index of about 54, in comparison with table sugar, which has a score of about 60. It is claimed that coconut sugar causes a little lower rise in blood sugar than refined sugar.
- Instant energy boost: Just like regular coffee, Dalgona coffee can improve your energy, making you feel smarter and less tired. In fact, instant coffee contains some nutrients and antioxidants that may benefit your health in several ways, including a reduced risk of liver disease and type 2 diabetes.
- Slightly less caffeine: Researches show that too much caffeine can increase your risk of anxiety, restlessness, tremors, upset stomach, disrupted sleep, and fast heartbeat. The caffeine content in instant coffee is lower compared to regular coffee.
Moreover, this delicious drink is a great option for summer days since it uses ice and cold milk, which can help cool the body. Making Dalgona coffee is simple by using basic kitchen ingredients.